I’m a huge sucker for desserts, especially those of the chocolatey variety. Brownies are actually one of my favorite desserts and it’s been a killer trying to cut them out of my diet in my attempts to improve my eating habits. Luckily, one of my friends sent me this amazing brownie recipe that is both vegan and a little bit healthier!
Ashley’s Black Bean Brownies
A healthy brownie alternative that tastes so good, no one will suspect that it’s made with beans.
- one 15 oz. can of black beans – rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- .5 cup instant oats
- .25 tsp salt
- .5 cup pure maple syrup
- .25 cup coconut oil
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- .5 tsp baking powder
- .5 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Combine all ingredients into food processor or blender – except chocolate chips
- Mix well until completely smooth
- Stir chocolate chips into mixture from step 3
- Grease 8×8 baking pan
- Cook for 15-18 minutes
- Let cool for 10 minutes
- Cut into 12 even brownies (approx. 2.5×2”)
- Serve and enjoy!
Ashley has taste tested this brownie with family and friends, and almost no one was able to tell that these weren’t traditional brownies! Take this recipe for a test drive yourself and let me know what you think!